A Portfolio Approach Defined:
3GreenTree specializes in developing an innovative portfolio approach, where we utilize specialized ecosystem modeling tools and expertise to create diversified land management plans which generate multiple ecosystem benefits and ecosystem products, including carbon, biodiversity, timber, water, and other ecosystem assets. This portfolio can be designed to match multiple corporate objectives, from the provision of high quality carbon offsets; to innovative ways to offset biodiversity impacts of operations; to achieving corporate branding, public relations, and/or sustainability leadership objectives.
About the investment opportunities:
3GreenTree looks to develop opportunities for corporations and government entities can directly invest in projects or properties to access carbon offsets and other ecosystem assets which are:
- Reliable (directly owned or controlled by the company) – market availability and pricing of eligible carbon credits are currently and the durability of “outlet” options to pay into climate change funds are uncertain. Direct investment allows corporations direct control or influence over the availability and scheduling of carbon offset availability; which can be matched to company operational improvements and strategies over time.
- High quality – certified against the highest globally recognized 3rd party audited standards. Able to withstand rigorous scrutiny from NGO’s and other stakeholders
- Large scale – forest ecosystems can contain the highest per hectare density of carbon of any investment opportunity.
- Ongoing – forest carbon projects will generate carbon and other offsets on an ongoing annual basis for decades, which are well suited to match long term investments and corporate strategies
- Cost effective or Hedged Prices – direct investment in a project or property permits the company to have a know volume of credits available at a known price.
- Public relations benefits – with a properly designed land management plan, the investment will retain or restore significant ecosystem and biodiversity assets. Particularly with investments in areas viewed as threatened or degraded, substantial goodwill can be generated by demonstrating the willingness to be a conscientious global citizen.
- Real estate and timber-backed investment – these forest-based investments are backed with hard real estate assets, and additionally backed with a standing stock of timber. If, for whatever reason, carbon or other ecosystem asset markets change, the investment is protected by ability to liquidate land or timber assets, net of the portion of assets encumbered by offsets for a period of time (depending on the standard used).
So, let us show you how to strategically invest in projects and properties which generate large scale quantities of reliable, high quality ecosystem assets to offset corporate or government entity environmental impacts (carbon and beyond…).
© Copyright 2012 3GreenTree Ecosystem Services Ltd.